The J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder is the nation’s largest motorcycle builder competition series featuring more than 350 motorcycles and the talents of dozens of local builders at each tour stop.
Ultimate Builder FreeStyle Class - Andrew Ursich has only built 3 bikes and each bike has won or placed at the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder in the last couple of years. He took home another $2,000 for his effort with Pink Panther and has his eyes set on Chicago and winning a good chunk of the $50,000 dollars in cash and prizes that are up for grabs.
- Winner – Andrew Ursich, Pink Panther – 1949 Panther with custom frame
- Runner Up – Ryan McQuiston, company, 45 Mag – 1941 Harley Magnum
Pink Panther is Ursich’s Panther engine find from Craig’s List. The bike is hot pink with everything hand-fabricated save the wheels. Ursich’s work looks like jewelery and was so impressive, it had a crowd around it all three days of the competition.
Ultimate Builder MOD Harley Class - Nelson Kanno rolled in Ken’s Factory 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail sporting grips, risers, handlebars, triple trees, pegs, intake, exhaust, push rod covers, neo-fusion gas cap, and shifter rod. But the piece thatpiece that stood out was the blower perched on the side of the cylinders.
- Winner – Ken’s Factory, Big Sucker – 2012 Harley-Davidson Softail
- Runner Up – Jonathon Schroder – 1999 Harley-Davidson Softail
Harley-Davidson is the presenting class sponsor with J&P Cycles, J&M Motorcycle Audio and K&N Filters providing product sponsorship.
Ultimate Builder MOD Custom Class - The AFT Custom racer features race suspension, twin carb, hydraulic clutch, Beringer brakes, digital electronics, exposed stator, 836 kit, sump in front down tube. Raced at Mojave Magnum and is street legal.
- Winner – Jim Guiffra, Aft Customs – 1976 Honda CB836CR
- Runner Up – Jovan Samonte – 2004 Yamaha YZF-R1 Superbike
Condors product sponsorship provides the winner and runner up with a gift certificate.
Ultimate Builder Retro MOD Class - Anthony Robinson custom built a 1969 Triumph T-100R Daytona featuring hand-built wood fender, Kustom paint, Milled and engraved 19″ front and 18″ rear wheels, hand made Stainless fender struts, Leaf spring seat mount, original Harley Davidson 45″ springer front fork, inverted speedster bars with internal clutch and throttle and 1943 US Navy issued binocular case for battery box.
- Winner – Anthony Robinson – 1969 Triumph T-100R Daytona
- Runner Up – Nick Okane – 1982 Honda CBX 1000
Royal Enfield is the presenting class sponsor with K&N Filters providing a product sponsor in the class.
Additional 2016 Ultimate Builder Long Beach Awards
- Best Paint was awarded to Micheal Uriarte of Dirtbag Baggers LLC. His 2003 Road King painted by Custom Candy paint was really outstanding.
- Troy Kyne of Kyne Customs took People’s Choice and Most Original Award. He won a Custom 500 lid from Bell Helmets.
- Jay Lossa of Lossa Engineering took the Ingenuity Award for his BMX 1968 Honda CT90.
- Anthony Robinson also took the K&N Filters At Large Award.
- The SHO DOG is awarded to the individual that works the show to promote their business and the custom bike industry. Charles Hollom took to the stage and received a leather solo bag provided by The Leatherworks, the home of the nickel bag.
There are four classes at the J&P Cycles Ultimate Builder Custom Bike Show. These classes accommodate every conceivable custom creation as there is a bike for each class and a class for each bike.
1) Ultimate Builder Freestyle – Open class for any build with a motorcycle based drive train; Any 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle as defined by the DMV. Motorcycle must run.
2) Ultimate Builder Retro Mod – Open class for any build with a motorcycle based drive train 1984 or older; OEM driveline with stock, modified or aftermarket frame. No reproduction engines allowed. Any 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle as defined by the DMW. Motorcycle must run.
3) Ultimate Builder Mod Custom – Must have a major OEM engine and frame. Neck may be cut to rake or stretch frame. Hard tail sections, stretched swing arms and wide tire kits are acceptable. Includes OEM cases. Any 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle as defined by the DMV.
4) Ultimate Builder Mod Harley – Must have Harley-Davidson engine cases and frame. Neck may be cut to rake or stretch frame. Hard tail sections and wide tire kits are acceptable. Touring models, Softails, Dynas, FXRs, Sportsters and V-Rods qualify for this class. Must be a 2 or 3 wheel motorcycle configuration as defined by the DMV.